If you're having asbestos removed from your Sydney home, make sure you have air quality monitoring in place, to make sure you, your family and your neighbours are kept safe during removal.
Air monitoring is legally required if you're removing friable asbestos (the most dangerous kind). But we recommend air quality monitoring for all asbestos removal: it doesn't cost a lot, and it gives you and your neighbours real peace of mind.
Airsafe is one of Sydney’s most respected providers of airborne asbestos fibre monitoring services. With over 30 years experience in asbestos, our monitoring reports carry real authority throughout the industry. We work closely with your demolition or asbestos removal contractors to get the job done safely and efficiently.
Our Asbestos Air Monitoring Process
A typical asbestos air monitoring process with Airsafe goes like this:
- Give us a call on (02) 9555 9034.
- Our consultant will discuss your details and provide a quote.
- One of our fleet of inspection vehicles will be dispatched to your home, anywhere in Sydney.
- Specialist consultants will set up air monitors in relevant areas.
- At the completion of the sampling period, testing is carried out in our NATA-Accredited lab.
- A test report detailing results of asbestos air monitoring is issued within 24 hours.
Adherence To Asbestos Legislation
Airsafe is accredited by NATA (the National Association of Testing Authorities) for asbestos air monitoring. We comply with the requirements of AS ISO/IEC 17025-2005, legislation that governs the general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
Our asbestos air quality monitoring is carried out in accordance with the requirements of the Work, Health and Safety Regulations 2011.
Licensed Asbestos Assessors in Sydney
From 1 July 2013, air quality monitoring for friable asbestos removal works must be done by a Licensed Asbestos Assessor. Airsafe has Licensed Asbestos Assessors available anywhere in Sydney, so contact us to ensure you comply with your legal obligations.