The most important qualification for this position is people skills. You need to be able to build good working relationships with clients – from individual householders and to big businesses – and with asbestos removal and demolition contractors.
Airsafe’s reputation rests on our great relationships: the fact that we’re easy to work with and constructive in finding solutions. As our representative, you’ll need to demonstrate the same qualities: excellent communication skills, and an ability to solve problems either independently or in a team.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience in NATA accredited asbestos testing
- Tertiary qualifications in science, occupational hygiene or occupational health and safety
- Experience conducting asbestos surveys / air monitoring / clearance inspections
- Computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Construction white card (“Work safely in the construction industry”)
To do the job, you must have a current driver’s licence, and you’ll need o pass a comprehensive medical.
What you'll be doing
As an Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Consultant, your job may include:
- Asbestos and hazardous material surveys (domestic and commercial)
- Asbestos air monitoring
- Asbestos clearance inspections
- Recommendations on unexpected finds
- Soil assessment, waste classifications, VENM assessment
- Consulting on asbestos registers
- Asbestos project management
- Asbestos training
How to apply
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com