Airsafe is looking for an experienced occupational hygienist to grow our occupational hygiene division, based in our Sydney office. As the successful applicant, you would have the chance to reform practices to grow the division within an already respected consultancy service.
The most important qualification for this position is people skills. You need to be able to build and maintain good working relationships with business clients.
Airsafe’s reputation rests on our great relationships: the fact that we’re easy to work with and constructive in finding solutions. As our representative, you’ll need to demonstrate the same qualities: excellent communication skills, and an ability to solve problems either independently or in a team.
You will also need to have:
- eligibility for provisional or full membership with the AIOH or equivalent body
- a relevant science degree
- specific qualifications in industrial or occupational hygiene
- at least 5 years’ practical experience in occupational hygiene.
What you’ll be doing
As occupational hygienist, your job will include:
- monitoring airborne contaminants
- chemical risk assessment and control
- giving advice on dangerous goods
- solving indoor environment issues
- helping clients deal with hazardous and toxic waste
- evaluating the risk of heat stress
- helping clients with hearing conservation programs
Airsafe offers very competitive salary packages, depending on your qualifications and experience.
How to apply
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com