Want to build a career as an asbestos and hazardous materials consultant? There’s no better place to do it than Airsafe. Airsafe is Sydney’s most respected asbestos consultancy. We work with prominent clients and the biggest contractors. And the heart of our business is our amazing team of consultants.
The most important qualification for this position is people skills. You need to be able to build good working relationships with clients – from individual householders and to big businesses – and with asbestos removal and demolition contractors.
Airsafe’s reputation rests on our great relationships: the fact that we’re easy to work with and constructive in finding solutions. As our representative, you’ll need to demonstrate the same qualities: excellent communication skills, and an ability to solve problems either independently or in a team.
Other desirable attributes include:
- Experience in NATA accredited asbestos testing
- Tertiary qualifications in science, occupational hygiene or occupational health and safety
- Experience conducting asbestos surveys / air monitoring / clearance inspections
- Computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Construction white card (“Work safely in the construction industry”)
To do the job, you must have a current driver’s licence, and you’ll need o pass a comprehensive medical.
What you’ll be doing
As an Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Consultant, your job may include:
- Asbestos and hazardous material surveys (domestic and commercial)
- Asbestos air monitoring
- Asbestos clearance inspections
- Recommendations on unexpected finds
- Soil assessment, waste classifications, VENM assessment
- Consulting on asbestos registers
- Asbestos project management
- Asbestos training
Airsafe offers very competitive salary packages, depending on your qualifications and experience.
How to apply
To apply, send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org