If you suspect you've found lead in your workplace, whether in paint, dust or soil, it's important to get an answer quickly so you can minimise lost productivity and avoid exposing your employees to risk.
Airsafe is here to help. For over 30 years, we've been helping companies in Sydney and NSW identify and deal with hazardous materials like lead. Our rigorous quality systems mean we meet all government requirements around lead testing, so you can relax in the knowledge that our testing is 100% accurate.
We'll get back to you quickly with a definitive result from a third-party NATA accredited laboratory.
How to collect a lead sample for testing
Here’s what to do if you suspect you’ve found lead:
- Carefully collect a sample using hand tools (sample size should be 5-100g).
- Place the sample in a click lock plastic bag. You can find these at any supermarket.
- Clean your hand tools thoroughly.
- Complete this form, click "get printable version" and print out the resulting page. Then put the form and the bagged sample in an envelope.
- If you can, bring your sample in person to Airsafe at 93 Beattie Street, Balmain NSW. (Call us first on (02) 9555 9034 to let us know you’re coming.)
- If you can’t bring your sample in person, call us on (02) 9555 9034 to make other arrangements.
Read more about: