Concerned you may have found asbestos? Put your mind at rest with asbestos testing from Airsafe – available anywhere in Sydney.
Airsafe is one of Sydney’s most respected and reliable asbestos testing services. With over 30 years’ experience in the field of asbestos identification and sampling, our technical expertise and customer service are the best in the business. Our rigorous quality systems mean we meet all government requirements around asbestos testing, so you can relax in the knowledge that our testing is 100% accurate.
If you’re looking for practical, cost-effective asbestos testing services, look no further than Airsafe. We carry out asbestos testing for everyone from Sydney home builders and renovators to government and private industry.
All our asbestos testing services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we’ll get you an answer fast – on the same day if required. Our in-house asbestos testing laboratory is accredited by NATA, the National Association of Testing Authorities.
Asbestos Testing: What should I do now?
If you suspect you’ve found asbestos in a workplace, please call us straight away on (02) 9555 9034.
If you suspect you’ve found asbestos at home, your first step is to collect a sample. You should always be careful when taking samples of materials you suspect contain asbestos. Here’s our easy step-by-step guide:
- Always use a P2 disposable dust mask when dealing with suspect materials. You can buy these at your local hardware store.
- Wet the material to suppress dust release.
- Carefully collect a sample using hand tools (sample size should be 5-100g).
- Place the sample in a click lock plastic bag. You can find these at any supermarket.
- Clean your hand tools thoroughly with a wet wipe then seal the wipe in its own click lock bag.
- Double bag your sample in a second sealable plastic bag.
- After sampling, you should use paint to seal any broken material with the potential to cause airborne asbestos dust.
- Complete this form, click "get printable version" and print out the resulting page. Then put the form and the double-bagged sample in an envelope.
- If you can, bring your sample in person to Airsafe at 93 Beattie Street, Balmain NSW. (Call us first on (02) 9555 9034 to let us know you’re coming.)
- If you can’t bring your sample in person, call us on (02) 9555 9034 to make other arrangements.
Remember, Airsafe are Sydney’s asbestos testing experts. We’ll put your mind at rest, quickly and easily.